Monday, December 2, 2019

December 2019 Meet Our Artists: Alicia Foxworth

Our Members, Fiscally Sponsored Artists, and other program participants represent a wide range of career stages and disciplines. We love them - and, as fellow artists, we're always inspired by them. With this monthly feature, we hope you'll feel the same way!


Name, Pronouns:  Alicia Foxworth, she/her/hers

What are you proud of?  I am very grateful for the gift of networking and community. As an artist, I overcome most hurdles through shared resources and in-kind services or donations.

What inspires you?  I love to explore different world cultures and explore where our experiences find common ground and our common humanity.

Pictured: Various productions of Ghost Writer: An Abolitionist’s Tale, written by Alicia Foxworth. Photos by Steven K. Foxworth.
What are your goals?  My goals are to present my original works and to also provide a regular festival for up and coming writers to showcase their work.

Do you have any advice for your fellow artists?  Be brave and do not let anyone tell you that you can't do it and most importantly, have fun!

How does The Field help you?  As a member, I have access to counsel, industry information, and affordable services and materials due to my affiliation with a not-for-profit arts organization. Also, the fiscal sponsorship program allows me to accept donations from supporters of my work. It's an invaluable resource.

To join The Field community and become eligible for a "Meet Our Artists" feature, sign up for a membership and join our mailing list for program updates!

No comments: