Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Secretary of the Arts?

I just got back from Washington, DC on the Chinatown bus (thoroughly energized and inspired! and also with very sore thighs and shins from walkingwalkingwalking) and I am more than pleased to get in the tub and listen to the inimitable John Schaefer on WNYC debate the Arts Czar idea.

Dear Honorable President Obama, For your consideration of the newly minted Arts Czar position, I offer up Marc Anthony (and J.Lo) as a contender. Mr. Anthony held court at the Western States Inaugural Ball last night which I had the unbelievable luck to attend. I would never had guessed that I would enjoy his music but wow is he a good performer. Rigorous, humorous, confident, sexy and personable. Just like you and your wife. Thank you for your time and your consideration. Best wishes, your friend, Jennifer Wright Cook.

Shortly after Mr. Anthony exited the stage, VP Biden and his wife and then President Obama and Michelle took the stage (70 feet from my tiara-ed head?!!) and gave us glorious pieces of their big minds and then danced sweetly and romantically.

I am swimming in glee and luck from this trip. Now back to work we all go.

No comments: